Socially Responsible Products
All of our mortgage and deposit products are independently certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA). Know more here.
At UniBank, all of our mortgage and deposit products are independently certified responsible investment products by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
As part of one of Australia’s largest mutual banks dedicated to the university sector, we understand the importance of money. It makes a great difference to the world when that money is used and invested responsibly.
We’re a bank where money is used for good. And as a member, you can rest assured that your investments are being managed ethically and responsibly.
We apply strict social responsibility criteria to investing and lending our members’ money. This means every member, and every dollar.
So, the deposits you give us to build your savings are:
- never used to fund various damaging industries.
- never loaned to the fossil fuel industry1.
And the money we lend you to build a place to call home:
- never comes from damaging industries such as alcohol, armaments, gambling, tobacco and fossil fuels1.
- mostly comes from people like you.
Know more about our strict social responsibility exclusion rules
- We do not invest in enterprises whose primary purpose is: alcohol; armaments; correctional facilities; cryptocurrency; deforestation or gross environmental degradation; gambling; military activities; political activities; pornography; slavery; tobacco; and uranium.
- We don't lend your money to the fossil fuel industry.
- We do not use our members’ deposits to directly lend to, buy equity or debt in, any large-scale greenhouse polluting activities including fossil fuel exploration, extraction, production and use. This is written in our Treasury Credit Risk and Lending Risk Policy.
- The money we lend you for your mortgage does not come from damaging industries.
What makes our savings and mortgage products responsible?
They have been independently Certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
Retail mortgages and deposits have been certified by RIAA according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See www.responsibleinvestment.org for details.
1. Retail mortgages, deposits and Wholesale Debt Investment Programme and Short Term Deposits have been certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See www.responsibleinvestment.org for details. The Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certification Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that any financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. Appropriate professional advice should be sought prior to making an investment decision. RIAA does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.
The RIAA’s Responsible Investment Certification Program (RICP) provides investors with standardised and consistent information allowing them to compare and contrast the investment options that have been assessed and verified as responsible or ethical.
The Banks’ products are listed on RIAA’s Responsible Returns website and products on this web-tool have been certified in accordance with RIAA's Program.