All of our mortgage and deposit products are independently certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
At UniBank, all of our mortgage and deposit products are independently certified responsible investment products by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
As part of one of Australia’s largest mutual banks dedicated to the university sector, we understand the importance of money. It makes a great difference to the world when that money is used and invested responsibly.
We’re a bank where money is used for good. And as a member, you can rest assured that your investments are being managed ethically and responsibly.
We apply strict social responsibility criteria to investing and lending our members’ money. This means every member, and every dollar.
So, the deposits you give us to build your savings are:
- • never used to directly fund damaging industries such as the fossil fuel industry1.
And the money we lend you to build a place to call home:
- never comes from damaging industries such as alcohol, tobacco and fossil fuels1.
- mostly comes from people like you.
Know more about our ESG exclusion rules
- ESG exclusions are embedded in our lending and investment practices, in our Board approved Lending Risk, Treasury Credit Risk and Wholesale funding policies.
- ESG exclusions apply to 12 industries, including Alcohol, Gambling, Fossil Fuels and Tobacco. Specifically, this means that we don’t directly invest in, or take money from, the fossil fuel industry – across our total balance sheet.
- ESG exclusions and policies apply to 100% of lending and investment (excluding secondary trades) and 100% of Assets and Liabilities, across the whole balance sheet.
What makes our savings and mortgage products responsible?
They have been independently Certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
Retail mortgages and deposits have been certified by RIAA according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See www.responsibleinvestment.org for details.