The world has woken up. Climate change is the largest and most urgent environmental issue facing us, and now, more than ever, people are acting with the planet in mind.
You and your money have the power to make a difference every day.
At UniBank we’re pioneering fossil fuel free banking1. That means your money will never be invested in the fossil fuel industry and money we lend you will never come from environmentally damaging industries.
Protecting the environment shows in how we act to make a difference every day.
So, in addition to strict investment policies, we take action for the climate by ensuring that carbon emissions from our own electricity and fuel use are offset to zero2.
What we do
- We’re a leader in fossil fuel-free banking.
- The Bank does not use members’ deposits to directly lend to, buy equity or debt in, any large-scale greenhouse polluting activities from fossil fuel exploration, extraction, production and use.
- The Bank does not use members’ funds to finance large-scale greenhouse-gas pollution.
- We have $1 billion of Certified Ethical Investment based on fossil fuel exclusion.
- We’ve achieved net zero emissions buildings via the mandatory installation of solar PV and LEDs and carbon offsets on five owned buildings.
- For six years we have been a carbon neutral bank, and so all members’ accounts are with a carbon neutral bank. Our emissions from electricity and fuel use are offset to zero.