Our approach to responsible banking
1. UniBank is a values based bank where profit has a purpose.
2. Doing business ethically and sustainably are core values that drive our model of mutual banking.
3. We believe corporate social responsibility (CSR) is about the whole bank. It is embedded in who we are as a bank, what we do and why we do it.
4. We recognise that our success is not only measured in terms of profits and growth, it is also how we engage with and support our members, communities, employees, and how we minimise our impact on the environment.
5. We lead by example and are committed to being a responsible business, as we believe it is the way business should be run, and that it should be driven by ethics.
6. CSR is integrated and integral to us. As a mutual bank, we integrate CSR throughout our operations, governance and programmes.
7. To UniBank, being responsible is in fact our core purpose; it is built-in, not bolted on.
8. CSR is not just part of our business, it is how we do business.
We are responsible lenders
This year we have strengthened our position as a sustainable business leader while achieving strong financial growth, demonstrating to other institutions that ethics and profitability need not be mutually exclusive.
We strive to create a better future for our members and the community through investing in ethical and sustainable business practices.
We put sustainability at the forefront of our business, and integrate it throughout our operations, systems and relationships. We make sure we are accountable, and benchmark ourselves against world leaders in sustainability. We aim to continually improve and report annually on our progress.