UniBank is a division of Teachers Mutual Bank Limited
ABN 30 087 650 459 AFSL 238981
To use a Mobile Wallet, you must:
- Have a compatible device with a native Mobile Wallet app from an Approved Mobile Wallet Provider; or
- Have a compatible device and download the relevant app from an Approved Mobile Wallet Provider; and
- In either case, register Your Bank Issued Visa Debit card or Visa Credit card with the Approved Mobile Wallet Provider.
For Approved Mobile Wallet Providers and compatible devices go to:
These Terms apply to the use by you of your Bank issued Visa Debit card or Visa Credit card in a Mobile Wallet. By registering and using your card in Mobile Wallet you agree to these Terms.
1. ACCOUNT OR CARDHOLDER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO KEEP YOUR CARD SECURE AND NOTIFY US OF ERRORS OR FRAUD
- You agree to protect and keep confidential your User ID, phone lock passcode, passwords, and all other information required for you to make purchases with your card using a Mobile Wallet.
- Always protect your passcode by using a unique number or pattern that is not obvious or can be easily guessed. Take precautions when using a Mobile Wallet. Try to memorise your passcode or carefully disguise it. Never keep a record of your passcode with your device, on your device or computer, or tell anyone your passcode.
- If your device has been lost or stolen, or you believe your security credentials have been compromised, you must report this to us immediately. Your Conditions of Use require you to contact us if you believe there are errors or if you suspect fraud with your card. This includes any fraud associated with use of a Mobile Wallet. We will not be liable for any losses you incur except as specifically described in the Conditions of Use, the ePayments Code or as otherwise provided by law.
- If we allow you to register a card in the Mobile Wallet app, depending on the Mobile Wallet app you are using, you may be able to use Mobile Wallet app to conduct transactions even if you have not yet received the card or the PIN or activated the card. This includes where we issue a replacement card to replace a card which has been damaged, lost or stolen or which has expired.
- Where your device allows you to unlock the device or authenticate a payment through a Mobile Wallet by using biometric information (for example, using a fingerprint or facial recognition), you agree to ensure that no other person registers or has registered their biometric information in your device.
3. USING A MOBILE WALLET
- Registration of your card into a Mobile Wallet is subject to us identifying and verifying you, and is at the discretion of the Bank.
- We do not make any guarantees that a Mobile Wallet will be accepted at all merchants.
- We are not the provider of the Mobile Wallet and are not responsible for its use and function. You should contact the Mobile Wallet provider’s customer service if you have questions concerning how to use the Mobile Wallet or problems with the Mobile Wallet.
- We are not liable for any loss, injury or inconvenience you suffer as a result of a merchant refusing to accept a Mobile Wallet.
- We are not responsible if there is a security breach affecting any information stored in a Mobile Wallet or sent from a Mobile Wallet. This is the responsibility of the Mobile Wallet provider.
4. APPLICABLE FEES
- We do not charge a fee to allow you to use your card with an Approved Mobile Wallet Application.
- All applicable fees and charges relating to the use of your card still apply.
- There may be charges from your telecommunications provider.
5. SUSPENSION OR REMOVAL OF A CARD FROM A MOBILE WALLET BY US
- We can block you from adding an otherwise eligible card to a Mobile Wallet, suspend your ability to use a card to make purchases using a Mobile Wallet, or cancel entirely your ability to continue to use a card in a Mobile Wallet. We may take these actions at any time and for any reason, such as if we suspect fraud with your card, if you have an overdue or negative balance on your card account, if applicable laws change or if directed to do so by the Mobile Wallet provider or the applicable card scheme.
- We may also cease supporting the use of cards in Mobile Wallets at any time.
6. SUSPENSION OR REMOVAL OF A CARD FROM A MOBILE WALLET BY YOU
You may remove a card from a Mobile Wallet by following the Mobile Wallet provider’s procedures for removal.
7. DEVICES WITH SAME MOBILE WALLET PROVIDER ACCOUNT
If you add a card to one of your devices and have other devices sharing the same account (“other devices”), this may permit the card to be added to the other devices and permit users of the other devices to see card information. Please contact your Mobile Wallet provider for more information.
8. YOUR INFORMATION
- You agree that we may exchange information about you with the Mobile Wallet Provider and the applicable card scheme (such as Visa) to facilitate any purchase you initiate using a card registered in a Mobile Wallet.
- By registering your card in a Mobile Wallet, you are providing consent for your information to be shared with these parties.
- We may also share your information to make available to you in the Mobile Wallet information about your card transactions, or to assist the Mobile Wallet provider in improving the Mobile Wallet. We are not responsible for any loss, injury or other harm you suffer in connection with the Mobile Wallet provider’s use of your information.
9. YOU AGREE TO ALLOW US TO CONTACT YOU ELECTRONICALLY
You acknowledge that we may contact you electronically (for example via SMS, email, notifications in app), and that this is considered written notice for the purpose of these Terms.
10. WE MAY AMEND THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME
We may amend these Terms in the same manner as set out in the Conditions of Use.
Date of issue 14 February 2018