1. In every instance when “Online statements” is mentioned on this web page, it refers to electronic statements and notification of changes in our terms and conditions.
2. In every instance when “Internet Banking” is referred to, you should consider whether this service is appropriate for you before acquiring it. For additional information on security please refer to our Security Guide for electronic transactions available online. Access is subject to availability and maintenance. We test mobile banking to ensure compatibility with the majority of popular devices used by members but cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with all devices and operating systems. We do not charge you for accessing your accounts using your mobile. Internet data charges and call charges may be incurred through your mobile service provider – check with your Internet Service Provider or mobile phone service provider for more details. A 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection is needed for the mobile banking and map features.
3. You need access to Internet Banking to view and download your statements online. We require your email address or mobile number so the Bank can advise you when your bank statements are ready to view within Internet Banking.
Terms and Conditions – Switch and Win competition
In this document, “the Bank’’, “we”, “us” and “our” means Teachers Mutual Bank Limited.
The promoter is Teachers Mutual Bank Limited, ABN 30 087 650 459 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence No 238981, 28-38 Powell Street, Homebush NSW 2140.
The competition commences at 9am AEDT on 4 December 2020 and closes at 10pm AEDT on 12 February 2021.
Method of entry
Entry is made by changing your statement and notification preference from paper to online. Entries are limited to one per person.
Those eligible to enter must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be members of the Bank or non-members eligible to join under the Constitution of the Bank, and
- have changed their statement frequency from paper statements to online statements1.
The following are not eligible to enter:
- Directors of the Bank
- Members of the Members Committee
- The Bank’s employees and members of their family (spouse, partner, parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother or sister).
When you change your statement and notifications preference from paper to online between 9am on 4 December AEDT December 2020 and 10pm AEDT on 12 February 2021, you will go into the draw to win one (1) of five (5) x $200 gift vouchers. This will be drawn electronically using lottery approved software by the Bank’s representative at 10.30am AEDT on Friday, 26 February 2021 at 28-38 Powell Street, Homebush NSW 2140.
Switch and win prize: The winner will be telephoned and sent advice by email on the day of the draw (Friday 12 February 2021). The winner’s name will be published under the Community section of the Bank’s website on 5 March 2021.
There are five (5) $200 EFTPOS gift vouchers available to be given away in this competition. The prize(s) are not transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Please note that a tax liability may arise with regard to a prize payable in connection with any investment account you have with us. You do not have to provide us with your TFN, but we are obliged to withhold tax at the highest marginal rate (plus the Medicare levy) from any cash prize if we do not have your TFN. Please seek your own advice if you are uncertain as to any aspect of these issues.
Any unclaimed prizes will be redrawn on Friday, 12 March 2021 at 10.30am AEDT at 28-38 Powell Street, Homebush NSW 2140 subject to any direction given under applicable law. The winners will be telephoned and sent advice by email on Friday, 12 March 2021. The winner’s name will be published under the Community section of the Bank’s website by Monday, 26 March 2021.
Winner’s consent for promotion
In the event they are a winner, entrants must consent to the promoter using their name and photographs in any media for an unlimited period of time for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion and promoting any products and services by the promoter.
Indemnity and disclaimer
You agree to release and indemnify the Bank and its agents and employees from and against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury, damage to property and whether direct, consequential or foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
The Bank is not responsible or liable:
- If for any reason beyond the Bank’s reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Bank, in its absolute discretion, may substitute a different prize in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions
- If, for any reason, the competition is suspended, varied or terminated at any time, with or without prior warning or publicity
- For late, lost or misdirected entries
- For any change in the value of a prize occurring between the publishing date and the date the prize is
Any changes to the Promotion and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the promotion (including prize variations, cancellation or suspension of the promotion), are subject to the approval of all relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments.
All entries become the property of the Bank.
The Bank has the right to exclude any person from this competition for any reason whatsoever and to amend these terms and conditions at any time or cancel the competition subject to state regulation.
We are committed to complying with privacy laws.
Collecting personal information: We collect personal information about you to: enter you into our competition; provide you with information about membership benefits and our services and products; provide you with information about financial services and products from third parties with whom we have arrangements; and to advise you of the results of any relevant competition. How we collect personal information: Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. What if you do not provide us with information? If you do not give us the personal information we require, we may not be able to accept your entry into our competition. Providing personal information about you to other organisations: In providing our financial services and products to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose personal information about you to other organisations who assist us in providing products and services.
Our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy: Our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy is available on our website. Amongst other things, the Policy contains information about: how you can access personal information about you; how you can correct personal information about you; how you can complain if you think we may have breached your privacy; and how we will deal with your complaint. Providing personal information about you to overseas recipients: Depending on our commercial arrangements, we may disclose personal information about you to business partners with operations overseas. If we do so, we will ensure that personal information about you is handled and kept secure in the same way as it is in Australia.
How to contact us: Teachers Mutual Bank Limited ABN 30 087 650 459 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence23898.
Website www.unibank.com.au, Email: [email protected], Tel: 1800 864 864 (or if from overseas +61 8 9389 1011)
Website www.tmbank.com.au, Email: [email protected], Tel: 13 12 21
Website www.hpbank.com.au, Email: [email protected], Tel: 1800 472 265
Website www.fmbank.com.au, Email: [email protected], Tel: 1800 800 225